Wearing comfortable trekking shoes with good grip is very important. With bad shoes an easy trek really can become an ordeal. Your choice of shoes depend on quite a few factors:
- your personal hiking style
- the weather conditions
- the difficulty of the trails
- the amount of days you are trekking
- the amount of luggage you are carrying.
For short treks on trails that are not too difficult we recommend good walking shoes such as these:
If you go on more difficult and longer treks you might want to have a bit more ankle support and waterproof shoes such as these:
I have done most of the trekkings on running shoes such as these:
In dry conditions and on short treks they are fine.
They are not waterproof though and don’t give a lot of support. It also depends on your personal preference.
Don’t bring heavy mountain boots…….
Quite a few people like to wear these kind of sandals:
They are ideal for crossing rivers and streams.
Definitely bring flip flops for the evening in the village such as these:
They are for sale everywhere in Thailand.
Have a good trek!
- Meet Our Guides
- Our Transportation
- Before you go trekking
- Trekking areas
- Hilltribes in Northern Thailand
- About us
- Meet Our Staff
- Booking a Tiger Trail trip
- Health and Safety
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tiger Trail Thailand in the Press
- Community Based Tourism
- Who do we work with
- Testimonials and Feedback
- Contact Us