Tribal Trekking Code of Conduct
1. Try to be mindful of local customs and take clues from your guide on appropriate behavior.
2. Please dress conservatively
Wear conservative clothes to respect the customs of the villages. If you go swimming, keep in mind that wearing a bikini or bathing suit may offend the villagers--shorts and a t-shirt are more appropriate.
3. Always take off your shoes before entering a house.
4. When taking photographs, respect privacy by asking permission and use restraint.
5. Each ethnic group has its own traditions that have been passed down through many generations. Respect their rules, values, and beliefs.
6. Express interest in local customs, beliefs, languages, traditional clothing, etc. to foster cultural pride. Buy local goods and handicrafts to supplement the community's income.
7. Take your garbage away with you. Hilltribe communities have limited capacity to treat garbage.
8. Society is still conservative. Please don’t indulge in public displays of affection. Do not display affection to members of the opposite sex like hugging, kissing or holding hands.
9. We discourage consuming alcoholic drinks during our treks.
Hilltribe Trekking in Chiang Mai and Northern Thailand
- Meet Our Guides
- Our Transportation
- Before you go trekking
- Trekking areas
- Hilltribes in Northern Thailand
- About us
- Meet Our Staff
- Booking a Tiger Trail trip
- Health and Safety
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tiger Trail Thailand in the Press
- Community Based Tourism
- Who do we work with
- Testimonials and Feedback
- Contact Us